Muddy updates – if we can’t go out, order in!
Many independent food and drink business owners across Warwickshire are adapting to online deliveries, takeaway services and non-contact collection.
At this time of uncertainty, we want to keep you updated with what’s happening in Warwickshire and Coventry (because, let’s be honest, nobody really has a clue). We also want to do everything we possibly can to support all the amazing local businesses that may be struggling due to the Government’s announcement that theatres, restaurants and cafes will be closing.
The small good news we can take from this is that many of the region’s restaurants, cafes, pubs, hotels and farm shops businesses are still able to operate takeaway and delivery services with non-contact collection on all your favourite foods to enjoy a taste of normality during isolation.
Other hospitality businesses are offering free drinks to NHS workers on the front-line of the pandemic.
So please use this post as a crib sheet of how you can still support your favourite eateries – by picking up a takeaway, or sharing on social media – and make sure you let us know if we’ve missed anyone off the list in the comments below.
· Hilltop Farm Shop, Hunningham, nr Leamington Spa remains open, although the cafe has closed, and to help those self-isolating, this independent family run business is due to be launching a new online shop for meat boxes and other foodie essentials. Ready meals made by their chefs will also be available too. This will include free home delivery to Southam, Leamington and local villages on Saturday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. Please get in touch if you are interested. Enquiries@hilltopfarmshop.com or Tel 01926 632978
· Hillers Farm Shop, Alcester – Self isolating but able to drive? If you live fairly close to Alcester you can phone Hillers with a shopping order, pay over the phone, then collect from the car park – never having to leave your car. A really useful idea for those caring for the elderly, vulnerable and those self isolating. You can also get in touch if you know anyone local in need of delivery – and they can try and help. Tel 01789 773057 to place your order.
· The Bower House, Shipston-on-Stour – Bar and restaurant closed but open for ordering and collection from the Head Chef’s Breakfast and A La Carte Take Home menu. Call 01608 663 333 to order.
· Becketts Farm , Wythall, Birmingham – has been overwhelmed by orders for their farm shop delivery service. Slots are available for anyone who needs essentials delivering to them. Delivery times are between 10am-4pm for those in self-isolation. Call to place an order, although you may need to wait if busy 01564 823402.
· Purity Brewery – online shop and courier service, click and collect from the brewery with a contact-free drive-through option. The delivery charge has also been reduced to just £5 for those looking to stock up and free delivery for orders of two or more cases.
· Shakespeare Distillery, Stratford-upon-Avon – stock up on Warwickshire made gin from this artisan independent’s online shop. They also offer gift vouchers for all Gin experiences; Distillery tours, Gin School, Gin Tasting Cruises and Cocktail Masterclasses all of which can then be booked in the future.
· Slurp, Leamington Spa – This family run local business in Banbury and Leamington Spa has reported a spike in wine sales as a result of the current Covid-19 crisis. Free delivery for those locally who are self-isolating in the Banbury and Leamington Spa area (n Leamington Spa CV31 & CV32 and Warwick CV34 & CV35). Orders can be placed online by selecting ‘store pick up’ or calling 01295 672290.
· The Cotswolds Distillery, Shipston-on-Stour– The Outstanding Natural Spirits will be available for delivery free, directly to your doorstep within 25 miles of the distillery.
· Square Coffee, Dunchurch – This newly opened indie coffee shop is now operating on a take-away only basis and continue to offer breakfast sandwiches, fresh soup and hot toasties. Free hot drinks to all NHS workers.
· Hooray’s Gelato Kitchen, Stratford-upon-Avon – Takeout menu available and free delivery (within five miles of Stratford) on all orders over £10.
· Shakespaw Cat Café – is remaining open with strict hygiene levels and spacing tables in place, but is also offering free entry to all NHS staff
· Hotel Indigo Stratford – Free tea and coffee for all NHS staff and day-use hotel rooms to be used as an office for guests who are unable to work from home, for only £25.
· The Four Alls (Welford) and The Globe (Warwick) – Open as long as possible and a collection and delivery service is available, including Mothering Sunday lunches and gift vouchers which are redeemable for when the restrictions are over.
· The Farm, Stratford – Is offering a Call and Collect service for sourdough pizzas, priority shopping hours and home delivery bundles.
Talton Mill Newbold on Stour, nr Stratfortd-upon-Avon – The Mill Woodhouse Cafe and Butchery remain open on Fridays and Saturdays offering a new take away service with a ‘call and collect’ option (which can be brought out to your car if you wish). Tel : 01789 459140.
· Mercure Walton Hall Hotel, Wellesbourne, – Facetime or telephone appointments for wedding couples and social banqueting event guests, for ‘business as usual’ without having to travel outside your home. The grounds are still open for local people to walk around for fresh air in open non-populated space.
· Hilton Warwick – Rooms are available for individual working or small meetings.
· National Trust owned pub The Fleece Inn, Evesham, Worcs – Takeaway and free (non-contact) local deliveries available, including the Gold Award winning pies and Friday night wood-fired pizzas are available every day. There’s also a real ale delivery service as well as the bottles and hot drinks. Asparagus specials will be available next month, and the Famous Fleece Asparagus Auctions will now be online. A virtual pub is being built, which will expand “Tales from the Fleece” series of videos, include Asparagus recipes, live streaming of gigs and interactive folk sessions. There’s also a Community Mutual Aid group with other villagers and staff are doing some volunteer shifts in the village Community Shop and hosting the Bretforton Community Helpline.
The Horse and Groom Inn, Moreton in Marsh – takeaways and discount for NHS staff.
The Boxing Hare, Chipping Norton – running a takeaway service.